Since I am a hardcore fan of any sound coming from the computer, I find this software amusing and fun to play with. Below are some of the features of eSpeak:
* Includes different Voices, whose characteristics can be altered.
* Can produce speech output as a WAV file.
* SSML (Speech Synthesis Markup Language) is supported (not complete), and also HTML.
* Compact size. The program and its data, including several languages, totals about 700 kbytes.
* Can translate text to phoneme codes, so it could be adapted as a front end for another speech synthesis engine.
* Potential for other languages. Several are included in varying stages of progress.
* Development tools available for producing and tuning phoneme data.
* Written in C++.
Thai software is written for OSX, Linux and Windows OS.
Please visit http://espeak.sourceforge.net/
for more informations and download.
Labels: computer music, free download, freeware, open source., Speech Synthesizer